Wednesday, May 30, 2007

Wednesday Weekend Wrap Up!!

You like that title, huh? lol. I thought it was pretty cool too. Ur probably asking urself why I'm writing this in this color...it's just to pay homage to the Tiffany's necklace that I bought Laura. lol. I can't wait to buy myself something from that store...I think in September...
So - it's been a while since we last talked. lol. Not really sure where to start...I guess with the BIGGEST event this past weekend, the party! It was a SUCCESS!! Obviously, I couldn't have done it with out the help of everybody, so if any of you are reading this - THANKS A MILLION! I mean that from the bottom of my heart. If you did something big or something small to contribute to this very special day, believe me - it didn't go unnoticed!! Thanks to Sarah for EVERYTHING, to Angelo & Jimi for setting up the volleyball net, to Rudy & the band and AB for all of the entertainment, to Suzy for coming out & taking pictures (it was so nice to not have a camera in my face! So I will actually be IN the pictures!), to everyone who brought food, to my sister Kim for picking up the cake, the list goes on and on...Mark made a speech that had everyone in tears. lol. I'm so happy that she got to meet some of her family. Little does she know, that was a VERY small portion of it!!! When it was time for her to leave, Mark went on the mic to let everyone know...well - everyone lined up to give her a hug goodbye...it reminded me of a money dance at a wedding!! lol.
AB getting the party started!
But of course...there was a lil bit of drama - I'll try and keep this short. So I knew that I wanted to get Laura something from Tiffany's. Well - there is one at Valley Fair...not too far...so Mark & I headed there Friday night. We left a little late cuz you know it takes him FOREVER to get ready...so we musta left our house about 715-730pm. Well - not being real familiar with Valley Fair Mall, it took us a minute to find the store. We finally found it...and it was closed. WTF? Apparently it closes an hour before the mall closes. Not a big deal...I tell Mark that I will come back on Saturday. So, that's what I did. Diego and I headed there on Saturday. I knew that they had a Lego store there, so I told Diego that if he behaved I would get him something. He's such a good kid, I had no doubt that he would behave. So we get to Tiffany's...I pick out the necklace (I already knew which one I wanted cuz I saw it on the website!)...great. Mission Accomplished, right? Not just yet! So the salesperson asked if I wanted something engraved...I knew I did...I just didn't know what. I told her yes, that I wanted it engraved. She said, "ok - that'll take an extra 3 days." ACK! I told her that I didn't have 3 days! I needed it NOW! lol. So she said - "well, we can put a rush on it...you'll have it by tomorrow." Tomorrow was Sunday. There was NO WAY I was gonna do ANY running around that day. So I told her I couldn't do that either. This is the funny part...so she kinda leans over the counter...and whispers to me..."well you can go upstairs to Things Remembered and have it done there." I know she probably wasn't supposed to do that, but I thought it was cool that she did.
So...I get the necklace, head upstairs to Things Remembered...they said that it would take an hour and a half...not a big deal since Diego & I hadn't eaten lunch yet. So I figured we could eat lunch & I would take him to the Lego store while we waited. So that's what we did. I also bought myself an outift and Diego a pair of shoes. Now I can say Mission Accomplished! lol. Here is a pic of her opening her gift!

Here are some pics from Sunday...I haven't gotten any others from anybody, nor have I gotten the ones from Suzy. Hopefully you can tell by looking at them what a good time we had!

Laura came over lastnight too...it was so cool to have her there. It felt good. It's been a long time coming and we've missed her so much. I will blog about that later...or tomorrow..I have some funny stories to share about it!
until then,
~k
WE ARE COMPLETE!!!





1 comment:

Anonymous said...

It was a great party! A good time was had by all. Thanks for letting us share your special day. Love the blog title :)